LMSSA (Lond), LRCS (Eng), LRCP (Lond), CCBST (Ireland) MRCS (Ed), MRCS ad eundem (Eng), ECFMG (USA), MD (Res, Lond), FRCS (Urol)
Samih is a Consultant Urological Surgeon at Cambridge University Teaching Hospitals in Cambridge, (Addenbrooke’s), United Kingdom. He has a special interest in managing urinary tract stones and mini-invasive Urology in addition to his skills in managing all aspects of general urology conditions.
Samih has been qualified from St Georges’ Hospital Medical School in London. He completed his basic surgical training in Yorkshire. Having a curious mind and an academic interest, he undertook a research fellowship at the Bristol Urological Institute that led to being awarded an MD degree from London University. He has gained broad experience in Urology by joining the Southwest of England Specialist Registrar Higher Surgical Training program.
Samih was then appointed as a clinical instructor in Urology in the United State of America (USA). During a busy year at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre, Cleveland Clinic and the Arthur Smith Institute of Urology in New York, he developed special expertise in all aspects of Endourology including laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
Samih has contributed to literature with a number of book chapters, original articles and many abstracts. He acts as a reviewer for several medical journals including the Journal of Urology, International British Journal of Urology, Journal of Endourology. He has been invited to several national and international meetings and courses as a guest speaker and a faculty member.
Being organized and a team player led Samih to take on several management and leadership roles:
- Associate board member of the EAU section of Urolithiasis (EULIS)
- U-merge (Urology in Emerging Countries) UK sole Ambassador and official representative since 2016.
-The UK board member for the International Young Urologist Association (IYUA)
- The local champion of the British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS) for Cambridge University
- The lead for Cambridge University medical students for Urology
- Associate lecturer at Cambridge University
- Visiting Senior Lecturer at the Postgraduate Medical Institute for Anglia Ruskin University
- Co-founder and faculty for the Masters in urology at Anglia Ruskin University
- The Senior Urology Registrars Group (SURG) Ex-representative on the Executive Committee for BAUS
- The UK trainees’ Ex-representative on the board of the European Society of Residents in Urology (ESRU), in addition to other non-medical organizations